Members of the Aspen Institute Kyiv met with Francis Fukuyama
Francis Fukuyama, a legendary philosopher, futurist, and professor at Stanford University, met with members of the Aspen Institute Kyiv and its partners. Francis Fukuyama is actively following Ukraine developments. His perspective on the political and economic processes in Ukraine was in the focus of the meeting.
During the business breakfast, members of the Aspen Institute Kyiv had the opportunity to discuss:
– The value of national identity for the development of society;
– The key challenges for Ukrainian society in the coming years;
– Possible geopolitical changes after the US presidential election;
– Main factors that influence elites in today’s Ukraine;
– Why “trust” is an important factor for economic prosperity;
– Possible scenarios for the future of the EU and the reasons for the spread of populism;
– The penetration of technologies that create a new security and digital threats to democracy.
The moderator of the meeting was Volodymyr Yermolenko, a Ukrainian philosopher, essayist, doctor of political studies.