Seminar “Media and Reality: Dimensions of Responsibility”
Date:May 26-30, 2021
The Aspen Institute Kyiv announces the recruitment of participants for the seminar “Media and Reality: Dimensions of Responsibility”, which will take place on May 26-30, 2021.
The seminar aims to create a platform for dialogue between representatives of the media community on the importance of the media for democracy, civil society, good governance and conflict prevention practices, and the representation of community interests.
For four days, participants will discuss the following issues:
– The principle of freedom of speech: philosophical content, practical significance and limits of application.
– Politicization of the media as a challenge for professional journalism.
– The role of journalism in countering propaganda and misinformation.
– Journalism and coverage of military conflicts.
– Transformation of journalism in the era of information technology and social networks.
The seminar is designed for representatives of the media community of Ukraine: managers, journalists, owners, editors, media experts, teachers of journalism, media lawyers.
Preference will be given to candidates with leadership positions, significant professional experience (from 7 years), recognized professional achievements, active position within the media community.
The seminar “Media and Reality: Dimensions of Responsibility” is held with initiatives and support of OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine.
Participation in the seminar is free, on a competitive basis. Participants themselves provide transportation to the seminar venue.
The seminar will take place on May 26-30, 2021.
Registration is open from February 23 until March 31, 2021!
Оlena FominaDirector of the Justice, Law, and Society Program+380 44 334 40 email@example.com