Club seminar «Between Trust and Suspicion: The New Reality of Social Action»
February 29 – March 1, was held the first in this year club-type seminar «Between Trust and Suspicion: The New Reality of Social Action».
23 members of the Aspen-community came together. Based on classical and contemporary philosophical texts, the participants of the seminar have spoke about:
– is trust really the foundation of social life?
– what to do when trust is lacking and laws are not working?
– can total suspicion become a profitable strategy?
– how to convert suspicion to trust?
– do institutions need trust and how to build them?
– how to live in a situation of «illusory trust»?
Together with the moderator Andriy Kulakov, Head of Society of Fellows Program, the participants reviewed examples of different theories, social practices, and cultures that characterize the concepts of trust and reflect on what to do with confidence here and now.