Aspen Institute Kyiv invites Head of Development to join the team
This role-holder will be responsible for securing major gifts. Working in North America with the chair of the board of AIK, executive director and trustees to secure the goals set.
- To make a research, identifying potential donors, map the donors
- To develop a pitch deck/ presentation, high quality written proposals and make verbal presentations / face to face asks to a range of audiences.
- To produce fundraising communications and promotional materials for relevant stakeholders with the support of the comms team.
- To develop new, sustainable major donor and corporate relationships, through cold prospecting, your existing networks and working closely with the Trustee Board, the Chief Executive and existing supporters, to identify new prospects within their networks.
- To manage a portfolio of major donors and individual prospects to result in gifts of $5,000 and above.
- To deliver an agreed income target, with significant growth year on year. This will need the determination and self-motivation to drive the campaign with a sense of immediacy
- To ensure you are continuously fully appraised as to Aspen Kyiv’s delivery and impact.
- To work alongside marketing colleagues to ensure the Aspen Kyiv’ s brand awareness across the community and among potential supporters is strong.
- To generate written and financial reports for management as required. To write compelling cases for support and donor reports.
- To carry out other, reasonable duties, as requested by the Chair of the Board, Executive director, including attendance at events and meetings, as and when required.
Why should you choose Aspen Institute Kyiv as Your Workplace?
- Meaningful Impact: By joining us, you’ll contribute to developing a free, just, and equal society in Ukraine.
- Culture of Collaboration: We foster a culture of openness, trust, and dialogue, believing that diverse perspectives lead to innovative solutions.
- Professional Development: Aspen Institute Kyiv is committed to developing leadership skills in our team members and invests in your growth to become an influential leader.
- Global Network: We are part of the Aspen Institute partner network, allowing you to interact with leaders and experts worldwide, expanding your knowledge and network.
- Community Engagement: We value our alumni and community members and actively engage them in fulfilling our mission.
- Supportive Environment: We understand our employees’ challenges in unstable times and provide professional and personal support to help you thrive.
Your Role at Aspen Institute Kyiv:
- Facilitate international dialogue and support Ukrainian leaders striving for sovereignty, territorial integrity, peace, and freedom.
- Foster critical dialogue among Ukrainian leaders to build a just and equal society, even during the war.
- Assist Ukrainian leaders in developing and strengthening their values, promoting responsible and influential leadership.
- Collaborate with and support our alumni and members, enhancing their leadership influence and building a sense of community.
- Promote solidarity within our Aspen community, creating shared values and a commitment to a better future for Ukraine.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Head of Development“. We will contact candidates who pass the initial interview stage.
Join Aspen Institute Kyiv and be part of a team creating positive change in Ukraine and beyond. Together, we can shape a free, just, and equal society.