Good Governance Program registration is open
The Aspen Institute Kyiv is pleased to announce the selection of participants for the Good Governance program. The deadline for submission of the registration form is July 17, 2019. The purpose of the program is to provide leadership of decentralization with better understanding of good governance principles and respective best practices by establishing a dialogue platform for national and local leaders.
Good Governance Program is supported by a grant from Luminate.
The program provides two seminars (September 2019 and May 2020) devoted to the methodology of dialogue with stakeholders, as well as four two-day dialogue sessions (from October 2019 to March 2020) with key stakeholders in the decentralization reform. The exact schedule of the Program activities will be provided to selected participants.
One of the expected results of the Good Governance program will be policy drafts related to decentralization reform. These policy change drafts will be the result of dialogue sessions between local leadership, national level policymakers and experts in the relevant areas like local business development and changes in the activities and procedures of the governing bodies of the united territorial communities (UTC) as well as their interaction with citizens.
Representatives of the key stakeholders of the decentralization reform are invited to participate including:
– Local state administrations
– Local governments
– Scientific and expert environment
– Business associations
– Civil society organizations
– International organizations and projects.
Good Governance Program participants will be able to:
– take part in all activities within the framework of the Good Governance Program;
– aquire and continuously deepen their knowledge, skills, and abilities for analyzing public policy in general and upon consultations with the stakeholders in particular;
– contribute to the preparation of policy change drafts;
– to take part in the formation of a methodology of stakeholders consultations.
In 2019, 24 participants will be selected. The organizers provide necessary materials, accommodation, and meals of the participants. The cost of travel to the venue (Kyiv or Kyiv oblast) will not be reimbursed.
In case of any questions, please contact the Program Director- Roman Kobets (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Program Expert Olena Fomina (email@example.com)