Aspen Institute Kyiv Supervisory Board meeting in Davos: How the Institute fights for freedom
Today, the Ukrainian state faces its greatest challenge. Its fight for freedom and independence is ongoing at all levels. Aspen Institute Kyiv is actively working to help our country win the war and build a good future.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on May 25, the Aspen Institute Kyiv Supervisory Board discussed the Institute’s efforts — begun on the first day of the war— to help Ukraine.
- We have actively engaged our international partners to provide the Ukrainian perspective on the war and its global implications. In April, we launched the #UkrainianDialogue project and held events with eight Aspen Institute international communities — from Spain, Italy, France, New Zealand, Mexico, Romania, Germany, and Central Europe. Also, based on the events, we launched a podcast. You can find the #UkrainianDialogue podcast episodes on:
- Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3NGFq45
- ApplePodcasts: https://apple.co/3LPZRdw
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3sXF8Of
- YouTube: https://bit.ly/3GmZshu
- Many of our alumni and members of the Aspen Community have joined the defense of our country against the enemy — both on the frontline and in support roles. We have created a website sharing the many Aspen initiatives, which, as of now, number 83: https://www.aspeninitiativesua.org/
- Recognizing the importance of engaging our community leaders, we are continuing to develop programming for the Aspen Institute Kyiv Community. Last week we announced plans for our new season.
Members of the Supervisory Board brainstormed regarding the strategy, objectives and programming going forward.